If you forgot the parental's lock password from your PlayStation 2 or if you want to remove the Parental Level completely check this quide.
To change the password:
- Wait for password screen to appear where you have to actually enter the 4 Digit pin code.
- Hold Select whilst enterting the code '7444'
- It should say something like Password Deleted, then ask you to register a 'New Password' obviously type something in you'll remember this time!
If you want to remove the Parental Level completely try the following :
- Insert a DVD movie and start the actual main movie off playing
- Press 'Select' button to bring up DVD naviagation control and then select 'Title Menu'
- Press 'R2' Twice - you should get a 'The Operation You have chosen can not be performed' message
- Press 'Select' button again
- Navigate to the 'Setup' icon and select it
- Now you have 4 more Options : 'Language Setup', 'Screen Setup', 'Custom Setup', 'AudioSetup.
- Select 'Custom Setup' followed by 'Parental Control'.
- You will be asked for your 'Parental Password' type it in and you'll get some more options that were previously locked.
- Select 'Level' and select 'Off' to avoid ever seeing that annoying 'Parental Control' screen again!!