In this guide we'll see how you can run The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask with HD textures, which gives a new look to the game.
Note: Here you can find instructions on how to play Zelda 64: Ocarina of Time and Master Quest with hi-res graphics.
You also need the Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (U) [!].zip rom file.
The trailer from the HD version of the game for the Wii U. Until released, you can play the original N64 HD game on your PC.
- Install Project 64.
- Extract the RDB v1.60.15 files in the folder you used to install the emulator.
- Put the rom into the Project 64's rom folder.
- Extract the "Glide64_Final" file and move its files from the "Plugin" folder into the Project 64's "Plugin" folder.
- In the folder "Textures" of Project 64, create a new folder and name it "cache" and put there the files from the "Djipi_CellPack_MM_2011.zip".
- Now run the emulator. Go to the settings and select the "Option" tab and then "Settings". In the "Video plugin" choose the "Glide64" and press "ΟΚ".
- Go again on "Option" and then on "Configure Graphics plugin". There select the "Show texture enhancement options" and press ΟΚ. You should see a new tab. If not, close the settings page and repeat step 7.
- Go to the "Texture enhancement" page and put the settings as seen in the photo below:
- Now you can play the game. Enjoy Zelda 64 in Hi-Res. You can connect your PS3/PS4 gamepad for better gameplay experience.
For comparison, see the original graphics: